in the 1906s.
2. A dachshund is a dog with a long body and short legs.
3. At baseball games today you cannot see sellers walking around with hot-water tanks.
4. Tad Dorgan got an idea for a cartoon in his office.
5. Tad Dorgan drew a bun with a sausage inside.
6. The words under Tad Dorgan's cartoon were "Get your hot dogs!"
Key: 1) 1b; 2с; За; 4а, 5c.
2) 2+; 6+.
T: Complete the sentences.
Tick true or false statements and while listening, try to do the first one.
Then, listen again and do ex. 2, given in (H03).
3) Post-listening activity. Переказ прослуханого тексту.
Could you reproduce this story in your native language, then in English?
After that, try to prove that a hot dog is not healthy food. Do you agree with it?
III. ЗАКЛЮЧНА ЧАСТИНА УРОКУ
Homework 1. Домашнє завдання.
T: Practise orally in translating word-combinations and sentences from ex. 67 on p. 72-73. Then, translate into English ex. 70 on p. 74 in writing.
Summarizing 2. Підбиття підсумків уроку.
T: Did you enjoy learning to cook?
What new things and new words have you learnt?
Where and when do you think you can apply the knowledge you've got at the lesson?
How to lay the table
3. bread and butter plate
4. water glass
5. wine glasses
6. cup and saucer
7. fork and knife for the fish
8. fork and knife for the main (meat) course
9. butter knife
10. fork for dessert
11. spoon for dessert
12. spoon for soup